The Need for Hope
Waves of anti-Semitism both overseas and in Australia after the Oct 7 Hamas attack have deeply disturbed many including Holocaust survivors who warn us against the perils of hatred. Anti-Semitic propaganda can turn friends, neighbours, as well as the general public against Jews. Any form of hatred, bigotry and violence needs to be recognised and condemned. Not only Jews, but the world needs to learn about the need for resilience, unity, and hope. Whenever we hear hatred on the television or read about it in the press, we can feel it. Hatred can be insidious and contagious. We don’t know where it will manifest itself next. Anyone or any group that others feel doesn’t measure up to their expectations can become victims. Australia is one of the last bastions of civility, of living multiculturally in a much more friendly environment. This is now being put at risk. Anyone of us can find ourselves hating those who we perceive being “the other” whether they be Jews, homosexuals, Muslims or someone who totally disagrees with us.
We need to denounce Hamas and distance ourselves from those who support them. Let us affirm Israel’s right to exist as a nation and pray for them to live in peace. We also need to express our grief over the suffering of the Palestinian people and pray for Israel as it does its best to avoid civilian casualties and affirm that Palestinian blood is as precious in God’s sight as Israeli blood. We long to support whatever arrangement we feel is safest and best for all parties involved in this decades-long Middle East conflict. We also need to raise our voices to support Israel and the Jewish people now and pray that those that hate them will come to know that God especially loves Israel because He has chosen them.
On behalf of the media Lachlan Murdoch has urged. “Let’s be very clear. When it comes to anti-Semitism there is no room for equivocation. There is no fence-sitting,” more “courage” in the coverage of “difficult stories” such as the war in Gaza. ‘We cannot allow history to repeat itself’. “Ours is a vital vocation that requires endless focus, reinvention and adaptability, as well as the standard journalistic prerequisites of curiosity and courage,” he said. “Courage to cover the most difficult stories. Courage to address distressing events such as the horrific October 7 terror attack on Israel. Courage to report on the ensuing war, and courage to expose the disturbing wave of hatred against Jews around the world and in our own communities.”
* That more become radically transformed by God to love both Jews and those who oppose them, do good to those who hate them, bless those who curse them, and pray for those who mistreat them. (based on Luke 6:27)
* That the leaders of both Israel and Hamas will be given wisdom from above to know the best way to manage an impossible situation in Israel and Palestine and shown how to minimise the deaths of children, adults, and soldiers.
* That those in the media will know the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth about what is happening in Israel and the world and be given courage to cover difficult stories and to expose any disturbing waves of hatred.
Dealing With the Evil Spirits Most Affecting Our Nation Today
What are the most prevalent evil spirits operating in Australia today. Over the next few weeks, we are exposing and praying into 5 specific evil spirits that are inflicting themselves upon Australia. However, firstly let us remember that the Holy Spirit is by far the most powerful and influential Spirit operating in Australia today and our aim is always to ensure He has pre-eminence in our individual and corporate life as a people and as a Nation. We must never forget that He is the One True God, who alone is wise. He is God Most High, and He sits above the circle of the earth and laughs at His enemies. Satan is only a created being, with limited strength, but our God has all power in Heaven and earth. This week let us pray into the spirit of Leviathan. Leviathan is an evil spirit that accuses, twists and manipulates. We see stark descriptions of what it does in Job chapter 41. When someone is letting the Leviathan spirit operate through them, you will see that individual doing the following:
* Taking things out of context.
* Manipulating people and situations for others’ detriment and their own benefit.
* Accusing people of thoughts they never thought, things they never did, and words they never said; and
* Conjuring up false accusations with no basis in reality.
* Asking Jesus to fill people and even nations with His Spirit of Truth. The Spirit of Truth counteracts the evil workings of Leviathan.
* Also, pray for people and nations to establish godly boundaries. When Leviathan is operating at the individual level, it tries to destroy its victim’s life. At the national level it seeks to even destroy nations. Pray that people and national leaders will rise up with godly boundaries and say no to abuse and evil victimization.
* That that people and nations will separate themselves from relationships that are hurting them.
Lachlan Murdoch Condemns Anti-Semitism
Lachlan Murdoch, News Corp co-chair, has urged that Australia must address rising anti-Semitism without equivocation following last month’s terror attack on Israel. ‘It is our duty to address and tackle it, as it is to address and tackle all forms of hatred,” said Mr. Murdoch. In addressing News Corp Australia journalists and executives at the company’s annual News Awards for excellence, Mr Murdoch called for more “courage” in the coverage of “difficult stories” such as the war in Gaza. “We cannot allow history to repeat itself…Ours is a vital vocation that requires endless focus, reinvention, and adaptability, as well as…courage to address distressing events such as the horrific October7 terror attack on Israel. Courage to report on the ensuing war and courage to expose the disturbing wave of hatred against Jews around the world and in our own communities.”
He also criticised the Albanese government for its proposed “misinformation laws” which he said would position the government as the arbiter of truth, especially since “we learned that federal agencies, under both Coalition and Labor governments, secretly used such methods to suppress and censor debate during the pandemic”. Mr. Murdoch praised those who “report from war-zone frontlines where people physically defend their values with their lives” and those who cover “the critical debates about policies and thoughts that might censor free speech or seek to control thought.”
“So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” Isaiah 41:10
* Pray that we Christians, who are so blessed and to whom Jeshua Hamashiah has given the gift of eternal life, will have the courage and strength to stand against the rising tide of anti-Semitism in our country; to pray for, stand up for, and stand with our Jewish brothers and sisters.
* Pray for Lachlan Murdoch and editors, journalists and reporters of all media outlets that they would genuinely seek to report truth and facts in all their reporting.
* Pray for the Albanese government. Ask the Lord to give our government the wisdom and courage to modify or abandon the proposed “misinformation laws” which would censor free speech or seek to control thought.
Praying for Issues in the News
* Comments of condemnation of antisemitism made by the Prime Minister and the Leader of the Opposition at the Jewish Holocaust Museum in Melbourne yesterday were timely and welcomed by all people of goodwill, and especially the Jewish community who have felt besieged in recent weeks by verbal, and at times physical, abuse directed at them by supporters of Hamas. Please pray that now that bi-partisan support directed to Israel has been verbalised that antisemitic protests and abuse will be reduced, and that peace will return to our streets and the peaceful co-existence of different nationalities and cultures in our nation will be restored.
* Attempts by the Federal Government to bring cybercrime and cyber-attacks against our nation under control, continue in difficult circumstances. Please pray for the success of these efforts so that people, corporations, and governments can do their business without the fear of being hacked and their confidential information released into the public arena.
Praying for Others
This week let us pray for Guinea. There is a small community of Christians amongst the nomadic Fulani ethnic group. Praise God for their faith and pray that He will use them as a bright light for Christ.
Source: Australian Prayer Network
As this Prayer Watch bulletin is private the standard printing option is not available. If a printed copy is required, you will need to copy the body of the email and paste it into a blank document and print from that document.
Comments are closed