PRAYER POINTS FOR AUSTRALIA WORSHIPS
Prayer Points for Australia Worships Night 2014
Following are the 8 prayer segments for the Australia Worships night.
- Give thanks for the rich Christian heritage of our nation.
- Give thanks for the pioneers of the Christian faith in Australia who helped establish Christianity as the underlying value system of our nation.
- Pray for the emerging generations to be able to continue to preserve and build on that heritage for future generations.
- Give thanks that freedom has been preserved in our nation down through the years.
- Ask God to be present with us tonight and to continue to bless our nation into the future.
- Cry out for a revival of faith amongst God's people and for a return to Godly values in the year ahead.
- Pray for our National leaders. Governor General Quentin Bryce, Prime Minister Tony Abbott and Opposition leader Bill Shorten.
- Pray for your State leaders: Your Governor, Premier and Opposition leader.
- Pray for those who lead within Local Government nationwide - Mayors and Councillors of local Councils.
- Pray for Godly Government, for God fearing leaders who will seek to govern according to God's laws.
- Pray for the people of Australia that we would turn back to God as a nation.
- Pray for all levels of education in Australia. Our Universities, Colleges and Schools that they would instil in our children and youth the spiritual values that have undergirded our nation since its foundation, as well as to train them up academically. Pray that a Christian worldview would replace the humanistic worldview currently resident within many of our educational institutions.
- Give thanks for the message of the Gospel and its power to change lives.
- Give thanks for all those who found faith in Jesus Christ during the past year and for those who will discover his love and saving grace in 2014.
- Pray for an increasing unity of the spirit amongst all Christians living and serving in Australia.
- Pray that the Church in Australia will receive a renewed vision of its role and purpose in our nation. Pray that individual Christians will also capture a renewed understanding of the heart of God that will enable our nation to see as well as hear the Gospel message as it is expressed in both word and deed.
- Pray for the raising up of professing and committed Christians into positions of leadership within our nation and for those already in positions of influence to be empowered afresh to stand strong in their faith to see significant change towards a restoration of the Christian faith as the foundation of our national life.
- Pray for a strong prophetic voice to emerge within the Church in Australia that will shed light on the path ahead for both Church and nation.
- Give thanks for the abundant blessings God has bestowed upon our nation since the beginning of time.
- Ask for wisdom and discernment in ensuring we do not take such blessings for granted. Pray that we preserve the Godly values He has given us in all fields of endeavour, be that politics, business, education, or the fields of art, entertainment and sport.
- Pray for a return to biblical ethics and values in the making of laws and statutes that we are governed by. Pray too for the overturning of ungodly and unjust laws.
- Pray for a revival of faith to sweep our nation. Pray for a renewed interest in the teachings of Jesus amongst the emerging generations as they search for truth in a confused world.
- Pray for every knee to bow in worship and adoration of Jesus Christ and for every tongue to confess His Lordship over us individually and corporately.
- Pray that we His people will arise in the power of His Holy Spirit to take back that which the enemy has stolen from us and reclaim our nation as the Great Southland of the Holy Spirit.